How to Fill Your Lighter
To fill your zippo-style lighter:
1. Pull the inside unit out of the lighter shell.
2. Lift the felt pad, and slowly saturate cotton with lighter fluid until fluid reaches top.
3. Insert the unit back into the case, wipe excess fluid from the lighter and hands before lighting!
The lighters in these Buckles work extremely well and for a long time. They require the user to fill the lighter with lighter fluid before first use, and it must be refilled on a weekly basis whether or not it was used that week.
(Evaporation) Instructions are printed on thank you cards and ship with every lighter buckle. It is nearly impossible to make them malfunction or break with normal use. Fuel, wick, spark, that's how they work. You can pick up regular lighter fluid at any convenience store.
To fill your Butane lighter:
1. Please use Butane Gas, not Lighter Fluid.
2. Turn flame height screw to low setting.
3. Bleed the fuel tank by pressing down on the lighter refill valve until hissing stops.
4. With both can and lighter upside-down push refill nozzle firmly into the refill valve on bottom of lighter.
5. Fuel in position for 15-20 seconds.
6. Wait until lighter reaches room temperature before igniting (approx: 5-10 min) and reset flame height from low flame to desired setting.